Dave's Sweet Tooth...We keep it simple. Fancy is too complicated. Call us old-fashioned, but we do not use machines, microwaves, or assembly lines to produce our toffee. Dave's Sweet Tooth is and always will be; Hand Made. Homemade. Michigan Made...every time!
It’s all still so surreal, to think only a short time ago, we were making our toffee in my mother’s kitchen, to being on Good Morning America, Crain’s Twenty in their 20’s and now being named one of Forbes 30 under 30. I have treasured many memories of making my father’s toffee recipe, and I have to say, this moment will be one we remember for a while.
Some inside statistics, into making an Under 30 for Forbes:
- Of All Nominees, Under <4% Acceptance Rate – even harder to get into than Stanford (4.8%) or Harvard (5.2%)
- Top Reporters, such as Maggie McGrath, Natalie Sportelli and Abram Brown – specialists assigned with uncovering and in-depth reporting on all nominees
Then Judged by All-Star Judges – an A-list and legends of their fields:
- Alex Guarnaschelli - Celebrity chef / restaurateur and executive chef at New York City's “Butter” restaurant and a frequent Food Network’s “Chopped” judge, mentor on “America’s Best Cook” and host of her own show, “Alex’s Day Off”. Alex is also currently the only woman to obtain the TV honor of being crowned America's Next Iron Chef on “Iron Chef America”.
- Marcus Samuelsson – Celebrity Chef / restaurateur, of “Red Rooster Harlem”, not including 10 other restaurants around the world in Bermuda, Sweden, Norway and Malmo and to top it off, he has received multiple James Beard Awards and took home the title of the second season of Bravo TV's "Top Chef Masters." He is also a judge on the Food Network's "Chopped" and won first place on "Chopped All Stars: Judges Remix."
- Lee Schrager – Founder of South Beach and New York Wine & Food Festivals - home to the biggest annual culinary powwow in the country
- Paul Ross – CEO and president of Edrington Americas, Company, who just happens to own Macallan scotch and Brugal rums.
It is truly an honor to have had Dave’s Sweet Tooth toffee, tasted and judged by these personalities as well as making the cut. Thank you to everyone at Forbes, the Judges and most of all our Toffee lovers.